I hope that everyone is enjoying the start of the new year. I want to thank everybody for the lovely messages and feedback that I received on my last blog. I was overwhelmed by the reactions of people that have read my blog, below some insights in what those wonderful people have shared with me:
- I do not enjoy my work as much as I did and I get less satisfaction from my job. I want to work with passion again, allowing me to be proud of myself, so I can enjoy my work and be happy again.
- Sometimes I feel lonely through the documents at work. It seems like there is no room for humanity in organizations. I miss an accessible platform where sensitive issues (such as values and ethics) can be discussed with peers.
- Life gives you things that you would never expect. Beautiful and less beautiful. Always different, always instructive. Because of this I come more and more to the core of myself. I can be there I know now, and that is my biggest victory!
I’m apparently not the only one who has overcome a number of challenges over the past year, or giving overcoming challenges priority in the next year. 2016 has started well for me. What have I changed? I’ll give you three tips for successful change in 2016:
- Specify your goals. Be open and honest about the change and goals that are confronting you. Tell everybody what you want, and why you want it. It might be scary to do, but if you specify your goals you create a clear picture of yourself and where you want to go.
- Keep it close to yourself. Dare to confront yourself with your own personal development process. To be the person you want to be, you will probably need to reflect on your core values, stand by them and make them visible. It takes courage and conviction to live by your own core values. You’ll need to show personal leadership.
- Collect the right people around you. Find people who want to support you in achieving your goals and people that actually want to listen to you. A social environment shapes and influences your behaviour. Why not create the right environment to achieve your objectives?
Do you also want to achieve this and make 2016 a successful year? I would like to help you. Doing our values test can be a first step! Then find someone to have a dialogue about your values. Values give direction to be who you want to be. Contact us for a value assessment!